Welcome to 1 Minute With Naomi!
This week's edition of 1 Minute With Naomi is one of those things that many of us try to talk ourselves into believing: that chores and cleaning are exercise. Here's my take.
Watch the video here:
Physical activity VS. Exercise
Part of being a normal, healthy individual is doing more physical activity during your day. That includes doing chores, walking your dog, taking the stairs, playing with your kids, etc. If broken up throughout the day, these activities should help you become less sedenatary and keep your metabolism slightly elevated. The benefits are great (just in general) when it comes to physical activity. BUT it's not exercise.
Exercise is important, too. It helps condition your heart, lungs, muscles, bones, etc. It will help you lose weight at a better pace as well. Exercise creates a great sense of energy and wellbeing for those who participate. You simply can't get the same feeling from doing chores.
If you have weight loss as a goal, intend on being more physically active, but also commit to sweating on a regular basis as well.
If you want to watch more videos in this 1 Minute With Naomi series, check them out here:
Latest posts by Naomi Teeter (see all)
- GET INSPIRED TO RUN YOUR BUNS OFF - August 7, 2019
- The Effects of Childhood Trauma on Weight Loss - August 6, 2018
- A Typical Day of Living Healthfully For Me (March 2018 Edition) - March 4, 2018
- The First Step On My Weight Loss Journey Required Bravery - December 21, 2017
- How to Make Positive, Lasting Change from a Place of Self-Love - December 20, 2017