Welcome to 1 Minute With Naomi!
This week’s edition of 1 Minute With Naomi covers eating in secret. Eating in secret can be a slippery slope to increasing your food cravings and binge eating.
Watch the video here:
Would I eat that in front of someone else?
That’s the question you need to ask yourself before you go nuts on food when you’re all alone.
A lot of us eat alone. However, Eating alone isn’t a “secret“… a secret is something you feel like you have to hide because you’re ashamed of yourself.
That’s why this question is important. I eat alone a lot of the time. However, I know the difference between just eating alone and eating in secret. I’m sure you know the difference, too.
Even indulging your cravings isn’t such a bad thing from time to time if you’re eating a small (acceptable) amount. When you’d feel embarrassed by your food choice (and quantity of it), that’s when you know it’s a problem.
Use this question as a guiding principal as you’re making those food choices that might be less-than-healthy. If you answer “yes, I would be ashamed” to the question, make a different decision.
If you want to watch more videos in this 1 Minute With Naomi series, check them out here:
Latest posts by Naomi Teeter (see all)
- GET INSPIRED TO RUN YOUR BUNS OFF - August 7, 2019
- The Effects of Childhood Trauma on Weight Loss - August 6, 2018
- A Typical Day of Living Healthfully For Me (March 2018 Edition) - March 4, 2018
- The First Step On My Weight Loss Journey Required Bravery - December 21, 2017
- How to Make Positive, Lasting Change from a Place of Self-Love - December 20, 2017