Welcome to 1 Minute With Naomi!
This week's edition of 1 Minute With Naomi is about improving on what you're already doing– because I'm all about taking it up a notch. Here are two ways to get started.
Watch the video here:
How to make your weight loss success bigger and better:
1. Change your attitude about all of it!
Resisting what's necessary only makes it that much more of a struggle. None of us find enjoyment in doing something we hate or think is stupid. That's why it's essential to find something valuable in what you're doing. You must find how it's going to benefit you and how to make it fun (or at least interesting). Marketing companies do this all of the time when they sell products to you– they show you the value. So, now it's your turn to show yourself the value in what you're doing.
2. Focus on the big picture!
Most of us are very detail-oriented people. We "need" to know exactly how things are supposed to go. But that's not essential. It's not about the "how", it's about the "why" when it comes to weight loss. There's no perfect route for you to lose weight. So, focusing on all of those little how's aren't going to get you there– it won't keep you motivated long-term. If anything, it will overwhelm you and you'll lose your motivation. Trends and gimmicks aren't long-lasting for a reason.
Shift the "how" to "why". That's how you'll see that big picture. WHY are you trying to lose weight? WHY is it important? Knowing (and focusing on) your very specific "why" will keep you motivated when the "how" will discourage you. You need both– but what needs the most focus? The "why".
If you want to watch more videos in this 1 Minute With Naomi series, check them out here:
Latest posts by Naomi Teeter (see all)
- GET INSPIRED TO RUN YOUR BUNS OFF - August 7, 2019
- The Effects of Childhood Trauma on Weight Loss - August 6, 2018
- A Typical Day of Living Healthfully For Me (March 2018 Edition) - March 4, 2018
- The First Step On My Weight Loss Journey Required Bravery - December 21, 2017
- How to Make Positive, Lasting Change from a Place of Self-Love - December 20, 2017