Welcome to 1 Minute With Naomi!
In today’s video, I briefly discuss the problem with thinking that everyone deserves your attention RIGHT NOW.
Trying to make everyone a top priority all of the time leads to overwhelm. The person that should be your top priority is yourself. You can’t meet the needs of others if your own needs are not being fulfilled.
I’ve seen this time and time again….
Joining the PTA because you feel like a “bad mother” if you don’t.
Taking work home with you at the end of the day.
Continuing to invest time in relationships that sap your emotional energy.
Never speaking up to supervisors or co-workers about work responsibility overload.
Taking on too many tasks because you have a ridiculously high standard for yourself.
The list goes on and on.
Give yourself permission to take the time for your own needs first. That may mean making sure you have your meals on time, getting a workout in, or just getting your own important work done BEFORE addressing the needs of co-workers, friends, and even family.
If you want to watch more videos in this 1 Minute With Naomi series, check them out here:
Want some Mini Mantra Magic cards for yourself? Click here!
As always, the comment section is burning to know what’s on your mind! So, I encourage you to share your thoughts! If you have a question you want answered in a video, please leave a comment, too!
Latest posts by Naomi Teeter (see all)
- GET INSPIRED TO RUN YOUR BUNS OFF - August 7, 2019
- The Effects of Childhood Trauma on Weight Loss - August 6, 2018
- A Typical Day of Living Healthfully For Me (March 2018 Edition) - March 4, 2018
- The First Step On My Weight Loss Journey Required Bravery - December 21, 2017
- How to Make Positive, Lasting Change from a Place of Self-Love - December 20, 2017