Welcome to 1 Minute With Naomi!
In this video, I discuss a topic that ALWAYS comes up with my health coaching clients.
With that being said, watch the video here:
You may be surprised by this, but most of the time, people will accept your refusal as readily as they will accept your “yes”. Most people understand that sometimes you’ve just got to say no.
When you spend all of your time pleasing others by giving them your time, your energy, and just being generous in general… BUT not giving yourself that same kind of generosity, you’re really saying to yourself that you’re not worthy of feeling good and you don’t deserve happiness.
You can be generous and kind with others, but you must know your limitations! When you can’t set boundaries with people, you will tend to slip into stress-mode. And guess what stress does to your health? Nothing good. It will send you right back to your bad habits and behaviors.
You CAN be KIND to others and yourself at the same time. But you must pick your battles and set those boundaries!
If you want to watch more videos in this 1 Minute With Naomi series, check them out here:
As always, the comment section is burning to know what’s on your mind! So, I encourage you to share your thoughts! If you have a question you want answered in a video, please leave a comment, too!
Latest posts by Naomi Teeter (see all)
- GET INSPIRED TO RUN YOUR BUNS OFF - August 7, 2019
- The Effects of Childhood Trauma on Weight Loss - August 6, 2018
- A Typical Day of Living Healthfully For Me (March 2018 Edition) - March 4, 2018
- The First Step On My Weight Loss Journey Required Bravery - December 21, 2017
- How to Make Positive, Lasting Change from a Place of Self-Love - December 20, 2017