Welcome to 1 Minute With Naomi!
In this video, I briefly discuss what you can do for yourself when the scale stops moving in the direction you want it to go. Note: these aren't plateau busting techniques. If you wish to hear about those, click here.
With that being said, watch the video here:
What you can focus on instead of the weight on the scale:
1. You can measure your body parts for improvement and inches lost if you are serious about tracking and still losing body mass. This is a better measure of your body than the number on the scale anyways.
2. You must focus on setting a fitness goal for yourself. Many people become unmotivated when they see now scale progress, so they let go of the exercise. And then they also let go of the eating better. It's a downward spiral. Set a firm fitness goal for yourself to achieve. Sign up for that 5k or 10k race that you wanted to be able to walk/jog/run. Or sign up for a fitness class that you must pay money for and attend regularly. The accountability should help to hold you in check.
3. Continue to eat those healthier foods because they nourish your body. They actually make you feel good when you eat them. Listen to what your body has to tell you when you eat healthier foods verses unhealthier foods. It will tell you what's up.
4. Focus on how you want to feel and look like. Do you want to feel athletic, energetic, and fit into those jeans? Or do you want to feel bloated, unmotivated, depressed, and maybe a little frumpy? The choice is yours! No number on the scale has control over how you feel, only you do.
Want to test run what a health coaching session is like with me? Here's a webinar replay from 8 Great Ways to Lose Weight. Check it out! It's kind of like a generic health coaching session… for free!
If you want to watch more videos in this 1 Minute With Naomi series, check them out here:
As always, the comment section is burning to know what’s on your mind! So, I encourage you to share your thoughts! If you have a question you want answered in a video, please leave a comment, too!
Latest posts by Naomi Teeter (see all)
- 1 Minute With Naomi: Will Losing Weight Heal Your Depression? - February 24, 2017
- 1 Minute With Naomi: Can You Lose Weight Without Experiencing Restriction? - February 17, 2017
- How to Not Have a Meltdown in the Clearance Valentine’s Day Candy Aisle - February 15, 2017
- 1 Minute With Naomi: How To Love Your Body Even Though It’s Not Perfect - February 10, 2017
- Douchebag-Free Real Talk From That Hot Guy At The Gym - February 6, 2017