For those of us that live in the northern hemisphere– autumn has arrived and the holidays are upon us. And it’s the best time of the year to create and eat all kinds of pumpkin goodies since pumpkin harvesting festivals happen only at the end of September and all through October.
If you’re try to eat healthfully and need some recipes ideas, I have them! I’ve compiled a list of 20 gluten-free and vegan-friendly recipes to statify your pumpkin cravings!
1. Paleo Pumpkin Granola
This granola trail mix would be a great snack to take out with you when you’re at the pumpkin patch or on a hike.
2. Pumpkin Peanut Butter Dip
I would probably substitute the peanut butter for almond, cashew, or sunflower seed butter instead. Also, it calls for 1/2 cup of sugar, which could easily be replaced with honey, ample syrup, or even stevia. You can get creative here.
3. Pumpkin Seed Cranberry “Cheese” Log with Thyme
This recipe would be very impressive to serve to your friends and family either before a holiday meal or as part of a potluck.
4. Spicy Pumpkin Hummus
We cannot live on one kind of hummus alone! This one is sure to excite those that like pumpkin more than garbanzo beans.
5. Smashed Sweet Potato Fritters, Pistachio-Pumpkin Seed Crusted
These make my mouth water! Another great appetizer for your next fancy party.
6. Savory Roasted Pumpkin and Vegetable Bisque
I would replace the 1 cup of heavy cream with canned full-fat coconut milk instead and the leave out the “Better Than Bullion” ingredient just to be on the safe side.
7. Pumpkin Chili
Pretty simple ingredients for a nice warm chili or a cold day.
8. Vegetarian Pumpkin Curry
Similar ingredients to the Pumpkin Chili recipe except it adds the super food quinoa!
9. Paleo Sweet Potato Gratin
Don’t let the name fool you, this recipe is Vegan and oh so good!
10. Savory Pumpkin Thyme Soup
I would use vegetable broth instead of a meat-based homemade broth that the recipe suggests if you’re Vegan.
Latest posts by Naomi Teeter (see all)
- GET INSPIRED TO RUN YOUR BUNS OFF - August 7, 2019
- The Effects of Childhood Trauma on Weight Loss - August 6, 2018
- A Typical Day of Living Healthfully For Me (March 2018 Edition) - March 4, 2018
- The First Step On My Weight Loss Journey Required Bravery - December 21, 2017
- How to Make Positive, Lasting Change from a Place of Self-Love - December 20, 2017