It’s been almost six years since I first lost half of my body size.
It's so hard to believe… Sometimes, it feels just like yesterday that I was looking into the mirror at this 300 pound woman. I guess that's one way I relate so well with my health coaching clients.
A tremendous amount of reflection and self-growth has happened since the day I finally decided to take responsibility for my health. The biggest lesson I learned is that a person doesn’t just lose 125 pounds and keep it off long term without doing the real work. The “real work” consists of the soul-searching truths that come with sustained weight loss.
My weight loss truths are varied and personal to me…
but I know that many, many men and women have experienced these truths for themselves with weight loss or just self-growth.
I wrote the rest of this article for the Young & Raw (vegan) website. If you care to read on, please pay them a visit! You won't be sorry!
If my story resonates with you and you're on a journey to improve your health and start living a life you enjoy more, please join me for 8 weeks sure to shift your thinking about food, fitness, and how you love yourself. I have the tools many health professional simply don't have because they've never experienced what a weight loss journey feels like and how to keep going when the going gets tough.
Latest posts by Naomi Teeter (see all)
- GET INSPIRED TO RUN YOUR BUNS OFF - August 7, 2019
- The Effects of Childhood Trauma on Weight Loss - August 6, 2018
- A Typical Day of Living Healthfully For Me (March 2018 Edition) - March 4, 2018
- The First Step On My Weight Loss Journey Required Bravery - December 21, 2017
- How to Make Positive, Lasting Change from a Place of Self-Love - December 20, 2017