For many of us, music is an important part of our workout. It helps us push our body through challenges and gives our mind something to think about (other than how much we want to give up). It also sets the tone for the workout. If you’re listening to punk rock and trying to do restorative yoga, it might not be as “restorative” as it should be. I figured this out from a basic yoga class I took 2 times a week at my university over the last few months. Big mistake on the instructor’s part!
Anyways, I tend to listen to music that gets me going when I do cardio and weight training. And I have to admit, my workout playlist usually doesn’t go through much of a transformation from year to year. I add some, I lose some… but over all, the songs stay the same. There are classic favorites that will always get me pumped up like Eminem’s “Til I Collapse” or Metallica’s “For Whom The Bell Tolls”. But there is always room for new classics.
Here are some songs that made it to my playlist in 2014. What do you think of these? Do you have suggestions?
Latest posts by Naomi Teeter (see all)
- A Typical Day of Living Healthfully For Me (March 2018 Edition) - March 4, 2018
- The First Step On My Weight Loss Journey Required Bravery - December 21, 2017
- How to Make Positive, Lasting Change from a Place of Self-Love - December 20, 2017
- You Weren’t Successful In Driving This School Bus Off The Cliff: An Open Letter of Forgiveness To My Childhood Bully - December 19, 2017
- 7 Things I Do For Radical Self-Love - October 4, 2017