Have you heard about Amaranth yet? It’s one of the superfoods that’s really gaining interest in 2015– and for good reason!
Along with buckwheat and quinoa, amaranth is one of the few plant sources to offer a complete set of amino acids (including lysine, an amino acid missing in many other grains), making it a rare plant source of complete protein. It’s naturally gluten-free and a good source of protein (around 26 grams per cup) and fiber (about 6 grams per cup).
Last week, I posted a recipe for Amaranth Porridge over at Mind Body Green, this week it’s something waaay more delicious and really addictive (in my opinion). I adapted this recipe for Tangy Vegan Amaranth Patties from Tartine and Apron Strings: Amaranth Patties.
Amaranth can be purchased online or in your local health food store. I found it in the bulk bins of my local food co-op.
You can find the full recipe for this wonderful gluten-free, vegan friendly dish at Young & Raw.
After you make this recipe for yourself: Be kind– share this treat with your friends and family!
Latest posts by Naomi Teeter (see all)
- The Effects of Childhood Trauma on Weight Loss - August 6, 2018
- A Typical Day of Living Healthfully For Me (March 2018 Edition) - March 4, 2018
- The First Step On My Weight Loss Journey Required Bravery - December 21, 2017
- How to Make Positive, Lasting Change from a Place of Self-Love - December 20, 2017
- You Weren’t Successful In Driving This School Bus Off The Cliff: An Open Letter of Forgiveness To My Childhood Bully - December 19, 2017