Health enthusiasts often look to weight-loss success stories for motivation to fuel their own transformation or to keep their motivational flame sparked. But, many folks find themselves becoming discouraged when they realize that some of these success stories include formerly overweight people who have run marathons.
Often, people see my own story of transformation and react in the same way. Much of the time, these articles include photos of me running a race. To the reader, this triggers the thought: Oh, she ran a lot … that's how she lost weight.
But that is not at all how I lost weight. We all start somewhere … and it's usually at a much different place from where we are at now.
Read the rest of this article at Mind Body Green.
Latest posts by Naomi Teeter (see all)
- GET INSPIRED TO RUN YOUR BUNS OFF - August 7, 2019
- The Effects of Childhood Trauma on Weight Loss - August 6, 2018
- A Typical Day of Living Healthfully For Me (March 2018 Edition) - March 4, 2018
- The First Step On My Weight Loss Journey Required Bravery - December 21, 2017
- How to Make Positive, Lasting Change from a Place of Self-Love - December 20, 2017